A Las Vegas resident pleaded guilty Wednesday to exploiting children and possessing hundreds of child sexual abuse material.
Courts
They and other boys are accused of participating in the sexual assault of a classmate on an Alexander Dawson School trip to Costa Rica in April 2025.
The four-year prison term was handed down on Wednesday, according to federal officals.
A judge ordered the Las Vegas man to undergo a competency evaluation, likely delaying his trial. He’s accused of robbing and killing a man.
Police have said that Evan Glusman borrowed $1.5 million against the business without authorization and threatened to carry out a shooting at the restaurant.
A judge on Tuesday granted the release from jail of a man accused of shooting a co-worker at Atomic Golf and triggering an hourslong standoff last month.
The victim’s mother contrasted the sentence with the value of her son’s life. “A sentence has an end point,” she said. “This loss does not.”
Deputy District Attorney Michael Allmon said school police investigated, but back then, prosecutors from his office did not pursue the charges Frank Mariani faced.
He appeared in court days after authorities say he entered a Smith’s store and killed the mother of his children and her new husband.
Pahrump Justice of the Peace Michele Fiore argues that those charges improperly rely on conduct that predates her time as a judge.
At issue is the concept of “spousal privilege” and whether or not it keeps prosecutors from using statements Daniel Roush is accused of making to Gina Lopez.
The cat was found dead in east Las Vegas in April after police were called for a disturbance.
The judge ordered Martin Schlaepfer to pay about $6.5 million in restitution in addition to a $5.6 million forfeiture judgment
Victor Frias Rosas and Amanda Frias Rosas were killed after police said Alejandro Estrada opened fire at a southwest valley Smith’s supermarket.
Jovan Trevino, who previously faced the death penalty, agreed to the sentence she received as part of a guilty plea agreement in which she admitted to killing her 1- and 4-year-old children.
A North Las Vegas man accused in a DUI crash that killed a teen has posted a $250,000 surety bond and left custody, drawing anger from the victim’s family.
Two parents have pleaded guilty to felony charges in the death of their 3-year-old daughter who disappeared from North Las Vegas in 2018.
