×

Most Widely Read Newspaper

JAMB releases withheld UTME results after malpractice review

JAMB

The Joint Admissions and Matriculation Board has released 279 Unified Tertiary Matriculation Examination results previously withheld for further investigation over alleged examination malpractice.

The board said the latest release followed ongoing reviews of suspected malpractice cases recorded during the conduct of the 2026 UTME nationwide.

In a statement issued on Thursday by its Public Communication Advisor, Fabian Benjamin, JAMB said the newly released results were part of earlier batches subjected to scrutiny, in addition to results already cleared and published after preliminary investigations.

“The Joint Admissions and Matriculation Board has released 279 results from those previously held for further investigation. This is in addition to the results earlier released by the Board,” the statement read.

According to the board, some results were cancelled after investigations confirmed examination malpractice, while others were cleared following findings that no prima facie case existed against the affected candidates.

“The release follows ongoing investigations into cases of suspected examination malpractice. While some results have been outrightly cancelled where evidence of malpractice was established, others have been released where the board found no prima facie case against the affected candidates,” it stated.

JAMB added that results from centres flagged for suspicious activities by its live monitoring team, as well as those with adverse reports, remain under review and are still being withheld pending conclusion of investigations.

“Results from centres where the board’s live monitoring team observed suspicious activities, or where adverse reports were received, remain withheld pending further investigation. Where sufficient evidence of culpability is established, such results will be cancelled,” it said.

The board advised candidates whose results were yet to be released to check their status via SMS by sending UTMERESULT to 55019 or 66019 using the phone number used for registration.

More than two million candidates participated in the 2026 UTME across the country.

Gift Habib

Gift Habib is a journalist at Punch Newspapers with over five years of experience reporting on foreign affairs, elections, security, and related issues. She specializes in covering complex political and security developments, providing context and clarity for readers. Her work reflects extensive newsroom experience and a strong commitment to accurate, insightful, and trustworthy journalism.

UPDATED NEWS: Nigerians can now invest ₦2.5million on premium domains and profit about ₦17-₦25Million. All earnings paid in US Dollars. Rather than Wonder, Click here to find out how it works (Be sure to ask for evidence of clients that have benefitted from this).

Stay informed and ahead of the curve! Follow The Punch Newspaper on WhatsApp for real-time updates, breaking news, and exclusive content. Don't miss a headline – join now!

Join The Punch Newspapers Channel

Stay in the know—fast. Get instant alerts, breaking headlines, and exclusive stories with the Punch News App. Download now and never miss a beat.

Get the Punch News App


Read PUNCH Anywhere

Unlock the full print replica on any device - every page, every day. Subscribe now for instant e-edition access.

Subscribe

Latest News